What’s the Number One Thing your Website Needs to Capture More Leads?
If you answered, “more traffic” or “more comments on my blog posts,” you’d be in good company. But you’d be wrong. In fact, the only thing your website needs is to capture more leads. Generating leads for your business is a website’s main function.
Capturing more leads isn’t brain surgery or rocket science. It takes some clarity, a website that’s set up to drive leads, and a little hard but creative work.
Get Clear on What Leads You Want to Capture
First and foremost, as with most things in life, you need to get very clear on your goals – specifically, you need clarity on what kinds of leads you want to capture. The two most common kinds of leads captured on business sites are email leads and prospect/contact leads.
Email leads usually sign up for your email list, typically offering email addresses, and perhaps first/last name, usually in exchange for some kind of incentive. Contact leads are those that email you, call you, or fill out a form on your site requesting a free quote or to start the purchasing process.
For each lead you want to capture, you’ll need to be very clear about who those people are, what information you need to capture, what systems you have in place to process the information you capture, and what will incentivize them to “take the next step.”
Finally, think about those incentives you offer in exchange for email addresses. If you’re not persuading as many people to sign up for your list in exchange for your freebie, it may be time to rethink that freebie altogether. Go beyond mere ebooks – create “kits” by adding checklists, lists of resources, templates … whatever you think might be helpful and valuable to your leads.
Set Up Your Website to Drive Leads to You
Make sure your website is built to drive leads to the parts of your website you want them to see. Follow these specific tips to make your website lead-friendly:
- Streamline your design. Eliminate unnecessary text and visual elements. A clean design makes your text and content more readable and helps focus the site visitor on the elements you want them to pay attention to.
- Make sure your navigation is as helpful as possible. Examine not only your top-level navigation menus but any secondary navigation you may have in sidebars or elsewhere.
- Add contextual links to your content. Give readers other pages on your website that are relevant to the page they’re currently reading.
- Don’t be coy in your website copy. Ask directly and tell them explicitly what you want them to do.
- Consider putting your lead capture form on every page.
- Keep all lead capture forms as simple as possible. Don’t ask for any more information than you absolutely, positively need.
- Take a look at your analytics. Look specifically for pages that aren’t performing – i.e., pages with high bounce rates and/or low time-on-page statistics. Your site visitors are telling you that these pages aren’t capturing their attention. See if you can figure out why, and make necessary adjustments.
- Not everyone prefers email forms – which is why you should seriously consider putting your business phone number on every page. Give your prospects a number of ways to contact you, but don’t make them hunt for the information they need to do so!
Drive Leads With Creative Content
Finally, make sure your creative content is up to par. Publish blog posts regularly and consistently, and make sure that each post you publish is of the absolute highest quality possible.
Explore other types of content, too. If you publish blog posts on a regular basis, try branching out into presentations on SlideShare or visual content on Pinterest or Instagram.
Don’t forget other traffic building strategies – some of the following techniques might help drive up your lead capture rate:
- Pay attention to SEO.
- Explore paid digital ads – i.e., Facebook ads, or Google Adwords.
- Share content more frequently.
- Use your social media profiles to send traffic to specific lead-capture pages.
Take these actions, and you’ll give your website a chance to be the lead-generating workhorse that it’s supposed to be.
Are You Ready?
Are you tired of the frustration and overwhelm? Are you ready to replace your harried schedule with something more organized and less stressful? If so, I can help! I help people just like you reclaim their sanity and restore order in their business. Schedule a free, thirty-minute consultation discovery call today and:
Learn to streamline your business platforms
Be free to focus on what you do best
Increase leads, sales, and profits
Schedule Your FREE 30-Minute Discovery Call!
Jeanette Ortega, the founder and CEO of Ultimate Virtual Solutions, helps business owners tame the chaos of running a business in today’s world. Jeanette has more than 20 years of experience providing coaches, authors, speakers, entrepreneurs, and digital marketers with the technical support needed to run a sustainable and successful online business. She has a special passion for helping women succeed in business. Her strategic expertise in the Simplero platform, plus a B.A. in Applied Management and extensive virtual assistant experience, means Jeanette can help lead your business to success.